The Health and Care Visa is part of the Skilled Worker route. It will ensure individuals working in eligible health occupations with a job offer from the NHS, social care sector or employers and organisations which provide services to the NHS, who have good working English, are incentivised to come to the UK
You can apply for a Tier 2 (General) visa if:
· you’ve been offered a skilled job in the UK
· you’re from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland
· Getting sponsored
· You need to be sponsored
In order to qualify for an initial grant of leave in this category you must:
• have money of your own, under your control, held in a regulated financial institution, and which is disposable in the UK, amounting to not less than £2 million.
• have opened an account with a UK regulated bank for the purposes of investing not less than £2 million in the UK
To apply as a partner, you and your partner both need to be 18 or over.
Your partner must also either:
· be a British citizen
· have settled in the UK - for example, they have indefinite leave to remain, settled status or proof of permanent residence
· have refugee status or humanitarian protection in the UK
You and your partner must intend to live together permanently in the UK after you apply.
If you are planning to go to the UK as a sole representative you must:
· be recruited and employed outside the UK by a company whose headquarters and principal place of business are outside the UK
· have extensive related industry experience and knowledge
· hold a senior position within the company (but not be a major shareholder) and have full authority to make decisions on its behalf
· intend to establish the company’s first commercial presence in the UK, eg a registered branch or a wholly owned subsidiary