The benefits of the FIP residency permit
· This residency permit allows the applicant, and family members who fulfill the criteria to live in Greece for an unlimited amount of time.
· There is currently no requirement to purchase real estate under this plan.
· The residency is not revoked if the applicant remains outside Greece for any period of time provided that the renewal process is not obstructed.
· The family of the applicant can also benefit. The term ‘Family’ means, spouse and unmarried children under the age of 18 and are regarded as dependents of the applicant.
· The FIP permit allows the applicant and family to travel and remain within Schengen area countries for periods not exceeding 3 months per 6 month periods.
Can the financially independent person work in Greece under this permit?
· The answer is no. The applicant is required to cover his or her living expenses during their residence in Greece and is not permitted to undertake salaried work or any independent economic activity in Greece.